Permanent Account Number or PAN, as it is commonly called, is a means of identifying various taxpayers in the country. PAN is a unique identification number assigned to Indians, mostly to those who pay tax. The PAN system of identification is a computer-based system that assigns unique identification number to every Indian tax paying entity.
1.Copy of voter's identity card
2. Ration card with the applicant's photograph
3. Copy of passport
4. Copy of driving license
5. Arm's license
6.Copy of Aadhar card issued by Unique Identification Authority of India
1. PAN card contains information like Name, Age and photograph, it can be used throughout the country as a valid identity proof
2. PAN is the best possible way to keep track of your tax payment.
3. PAN is unique for every entity and hence, misuse of the same is almost impossible
1. PAN needs to be quoted while paying direct taxes
2. While registering a business, PAN information needs to be mandatorily furnished
3. Taxpayers need to input their PAN when paying income tax
4. A lot of financial transactions require PAN information.